Monday, May 1, 2017

Future student

Dear future students,
First of all, congrats on making it this far. If you’re a first semester student of Sean Conaway, congrats on getting into Tech, it’s great. If you have him second semester, congrats on not failing out because trust me I know it can be hard. What you can expect will be pretty normal classroom activities and assignments. In the beginning of class for the first couple of weeks he does some icebreaker questions that are pretty fun to do and I got a laugh out of them. Almost every class there is a blog post assigned for homework. He gives the option of them not being due the next class, but instead they are all due at the end of the semester. I chose option 2 and I a regretting it because along with studying for finals, I am also writing 12 blog posts in the last week. Sean’s class is a fun one to be in because he keeps you involved. For each of the 3 papers that are due during the year, they get a little harder as the year gets on. He offers a writing day the class period before the paper is due. This writing day is optional but if you go in he can help with your paper and it’s just a quiet place to get some writing done-definitely attend this class. These were the most helpful parts of the class. The end of the year presentation was kind of nerve-racking for me because I didn’t really prepare so I would definitely do that. Overall, I would expect an engaging class with a great teacher. He is a cool guy and easy to talk to. Like I said, doing the blogs and other assignments on time is pretty crucial to doing well in his class, but that is the case with all of your classes so you’ve just got to manage your time well. Good luck and go Hokies.

Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment