Monday, May 1, 2017

inquiry essay intro/ brainstorm

An Inquiry on the Sleep Deprivation of a College Student
I have been effected by lack of sleep since I have been here so I have decided to do my paper on this. To do this inquiry essay correctly, I need to perform an experiment. To do this, I am going to go to other classes of other majors and see how many other people suffer from lack of sleep (sleeping in class). I will also see how many people on my hall stay up into crazy hours of the night or take part in things like alcohol or tobacco and see if those habits have an effect on sleep. I have written my intro below.  
Intro:

While in high school, I never found myself too busy to sleep. I would wake twenty minutes before school started, do all of my work during my classes, and be asleep by 1030 every night. Since I have been enrolled at Virginia Tech, I haven’t gone to sleep before midnight due to the massive workload and an active social life. Combining this tragedy with classes starting at 8 AM, office hours, and extracurricular activities, there just aren’t enough hours in the day to get the seven hours of sleep required by the brain. A seemingly simple solution to this problem is a midday nap, or maybe going to bed earlier and pushing the workload back until the next day. Some students turn to energy drinks, while others skip classes to catch up on sleep in order to combat the problem. These solutions may seem to work temporarily but have long term effects that can really ruin the student’s life. They can do this by harming their permanent health, and hurting their chances in the future by allowing their grades to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment